Undergraduate Program-- Printing Engineering
This program aim to cultivate application-oriented talents with a solid foundation of theoretical knowledge of printing engineering and capabilities of graphic information processing and printing reproduction. It has two concentrations in graphic information processing and printing technology. Students majoring in Packaging Engineering are qualified in the professions of printing technology design, production implementation, quality control, management and research in printing and publishing institutions.
Program Learning Outcomes
At the completion of the program the student will obtain:
(1) Basic knowledge of vision and chromatology, graphic information processing, printing principle and process, packing material and printability, printing equipment, and printing quality control and testing.
(2) capabilities of text, graphics, images, and multimedia information processing.
(3) Methods of printing process design and process.
(4) Knowledge of laws, regulations and ethical principles involved in printing, packaging and publishing.
(5) Research capabilities of new platemaking and printing process, new technology and new materials and the ability to handle the prospects and developing trends of modern printing technology.
Printing chromatology, packing material and printability, information recording materials and applications, image information processing and platemaking, printing quality control and testing, printing principle and technology, printing equipment, etc..
Chromatology experiments, packing material and printability experiment, graphic information processing experiment, plate-making process experiment, printing principle and process experiment, etc..
Period of Study
Bachelor of Science in Engineering